Search

Skip Navigation|

Building the Coliseum, 1903

Building the Coliseum, 1903

The owner of the Coliseum, David Phillips in bowler hat seated in middle row near the centre; architect J. Arthur Jones of Aberystwyth on the left and the builder, E.E.Jenkins, standing bottom right with his son, R.D.Jenkins seated in front of him with the craftsmen who built the Coliseum in 1904. This shows the beginning of the skeleton of girders which support the concrete floors.